From the Blog
Making Your Bathroom Remodeling Pay Off
When you remodel your bathroom with Metropolitan Bath and Tile you can’t go wrong. You’ll be working with the #1 bathroom remodeler in the US and improving your daily living routine and your home’s value. How to make it pay off the most?
CNN Money says the Return on Investment for 2011-12 (ROI) is 102% for the mid-range bathroom modernization (as compared to kitchens 90%). Upscale pays off at lower rates. Making a house bigger and fancier than your neighbors will also cost a lot more than a mid-remodel when the house is on the market and a neighborhood comparison is done. Here are some things to consider:
How long will you be in your home?
If you’re staying in your home 5 years or more: remodel to please yourself.
– Select your style and features or remodel more extensively. Still, you may want to consider the long-term.
– Vessel bowls used to be considered an upscale addition – now they’re everywhere – but as gorgeous as they are they are meant for a bathroom that doesn’t get hard use.
– Trading your tub/shower combo for a large shower is very popular these days but keep at least one tub in the house.
If you’re remodeling to sell or the market turns:
– Do not go for the latest trends. Simple with lots of storage is your best bet.
– Two sinks are a great feature but make sure you have enough counter space.
– Toilets at comfort height and dual flush; also, moving the sewer line costs more.
– Consider ‘warm floors’ electric heat under tile—inexpensive and invaluable.
– Countertops and Tile in neutral colors; undermount or integrated sinks, if possible.
– Faucets in simple, clean design – quality always counts
– Good cabinetry; clean lines; minimum height at 33”.
– Wall color can add the ‘decorating touch’ and it’s easy for buyers to repaint.
– You may want to stay away from water-wasting features in super-showers or giant whirlpools with people becoming more environmentally conscious – think “green”.
– Add ADA approved products and design – easier access and safety for young and old alike.
So whether you want to live like royalty in your getaway spa bathroom or just want a pleasurable, more modernized bathroom that suits your daily needs amortize the cost of your Metropolitan Bath and Tile bathroom remodeling over time and you’ll get your true personal ROI!