From the Blog
Bathroom Design Makeover Tips
Here’s just a few makeover tips and ideas to consider when it’s time to remodel that old bathroom of yours:
- Don’t rush into it. You’ll be living with your bathroom a long time – make it special! Start with a bathroom wishlist, collect photos from magazines you like, find color schemes you’re looking for that create the mood you’re trying to achieve
- Want a soothing space? Keep your color scheme “quiet”.
- Just love one of Metropolitan Bath and Tile’s tile colors or tile designs? Cover the bathroom – it’s practical and luxurious – or just an accent row around the room may satisfy your need for pattern.
- If you’ve got room, don’t forget the architecture. Arches or molding can add visual interest and reflect the lines of your fixture and cabinet choices.
- Add a vanity for grooming – better yet, add one for him and her to speed you through your mornings. Two matching sinks and mirrors is a popular & functional request for today’s bathroom.
- Need some color in your life but not a lot of green in your wallet? You can add a wall of a strong color tile or pattern and then add matching accessories to tie it in. When you’ve got a new favorite – just redo the wall and accessories.
- Need a “masculine” bathroom? Go for white, beige, greys, taupes – even black – with modern fixtures for a sleek, unfussy bathroom. Dark or natural woods are a good choice.
- Clean and classic: Fresh, all-white never goes out of style and is a good choice if you’re planning on selling your home in the near future.
- Cozy room: add a fireplace to turn a bathroom into a comfortable, un-bathroom-like space.
- Add a few plants (imagine orchids next to your tub). Plants and flowers are reminiscent of a “back to nature” relaxing scene and can add color to your spot.
- Storage, storage, storage. Keep your bathroom, no matter what the design, organized and uncluttered for showhouse style. Add plenty of cabinetry for soaps, cleaners, grooming appliances – and a linen cupboard to store those extra towels.
- Small space? Deep colors and simple accessories will charge it with some sophistication.
- Lighting can be a room changer. Try a small chandelier or double sconces with your mirror to break the boring barrier. Lighting with shades can be an upscale and flattering way to warm up your vanity. Don’t forget to optimize natural lighting and open the room up with a large window and plenty of mirrors.
- “Old” is the new “New”. With many historical residences in the Metro Washington DC and Baltimore Area you may want a remodeling job that doesn’t forget its past. Talk to your MetroBath design about retro sinks & fixtures, black and white tile and footed tubs.
- You want the works? If you want to have a special place to unwind from the stresses of the day discuss expanding your bathroom with MetroBath. If you have room – add that soaking tub or whirlpool. It will be your own private spa in the comfort of your own home. Don’t forget the candles for evening.
- Shower is all you need? Metropolitan Bath and Tile can show you how to make it an experience with glass doors, handheld showerheads, bodysprays & jets, thermostatic valves, seating, bars, shelves & much more.
Bring us your basic concept and our bathroom designers will help you find your perfect space.Visit any of our four showrooms in the Maryland, Washington, DC, Baltimore, and Northern Virginia area today and you’ll be enjoying your uniquely-styled bathroom before you know it!